On 15th May 2019, EFFRA (European Factories of the Future Research Association) and representatives of seven FoF (Factories of the Future) and DT (Digitising and Transforming European industry and services) platform projects organised an open webinar on the topic of Future Manufacturing Pathways in Europe. The platforms are NIMBLE, COMPOSITION, DIGICOR and vf-OS from the call FoF-11-2016, and eFactory, ZDMP and QU4LITY from the recent call DT-ICT-07-2018-2019.
Click the link below to watch the full webinar.
The webinar was organised as a continuation of our joint networking session Federated Smart Factory Ecosystem from 5th December 2018, that was organised at the Austrian Center Vienna, during the ICT 2018: Imagine Digital event. The networking session pointed to possible platform interlinking through an open and interoperable federation layer.
- Link to the networking session: https://ec.europa.eu/digital-single-market/events/cf/ict2018/item-display.cfm?id=21708
- Video presentation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6UOt3A5_7U&feature=youtu.be
Our latest webinar goes a step further, bringing the three new DT innovation actions in line with the ConnectedFactories’ vision of ‘hyperconnected factories’ and pathways towards an open smart factory ecosystem.
- Video presentation “Pathways to the digitalisation of manufacturing (ConnectedFactories)”: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jtk6Nx9n_54
- EFFRA website: https://www.effra.eu/
The webinar presented eight EC funded projects enabling digital collaborative manufacturing ecosystems in Europe:
- ConnectedFactory CSA project (panelist: Christ Decubber, EFFRA, Brussels, Belgium): https://www.connectedfactories.eu/
- DIGICOR (panelist: Usman Wajid, Information Catalyst, UK): https://www.digicor-project.eu/
- COMPOSITION (panelist: Marc Jentsch, Fraunhofer FIT, Germany): https://www.composition-project.eu/
- NIMBLE (panelists: Wernher Behrendt, Violeta Damjanovic-Behrendt, Salzburg Research, Austria): https://www.nimble-project.org/
- vf-OS (panelist: Oscar García, Information Catalyst, Spain): https://www.vf-os.eu/
- eFactory (panelist: Usman Wajid, Information Catalyst, UK): https://efactory-project.eu
- ZDMP (panelist: Stuart Campbell, Information Catalyst, UK): https://www.zdmp.eu/
- QU4LITY (panelist: Ifigeneia Metaxa, ATLANTIS Engineering SA, Greece): https://qu4lity-project.eu/